Become A Dividends Volunteer
To volunteer at any SCPS school, including as field trip chaperones, you must be a registered Dividends Volunteer.
Even if you have registered in the past, you must update your information each school year.
Visit the Dividends Volunteer Program website for more information.
- Volunteering should be FUN! Enjoy your time as you make a difference in the life of a child!
- Sign-In and Sign-Out (Safety and Security).
- Please honor your commitment.
- Dress appropriately for school setting.
- Always have a district person with you unless you are a mentor or tutor.
- Never discipline a student.
- Confidentiality - what happens in the classroom stays there.
- Never participate in social media activities during classroom volunteer time.
- Volunteer time vs. Parent-Teacher conference.
- Dividends may not conduct personal business at school.
- Do not bring other children during volunteer time.
- Dividends should not provide gifts of value to students.
- Dividends are assigned to staff members who have requested volunteers.
- Dividends agree to abide by SCPS School Board Policies and Procedures.
Visitor, Volunteer, and Vendor
- A visitor may attend any academic meetings concerning their student, watch a program or award ceremonies from the audience, and eat lunch with their student.
- All volunteers must be a registered Dividend.
- Approved vendors must be registered and fingerprinted with SCPS Purchasing Department.